Sunday, April 9, 2023

Untouchable


 The Darkest Touch by Gena Showalter (Lords of the Underworld #11)

My Review:  5 out of 5 stars.

My Review on Goodreads

I'd been waiting for Torin's book from practically the beginning. I love his character. I was a little unsure about things would go with Keeley Cael. But wow, I really loved them together. I wish I had written my review sooner, since I forgot some things. But I do remember being so engaged with the story. It was great to see Torin finally get his happy ending. It must have been very hard to see all his comrades find their mates and be all alone, destined never to have a special someone because of his Demon of Disease. I loved that Keeley was the type of heroine who would have her man's back and vice versa. I love when the couple is equally matched in a lot of ways. If I'm honest, Torin reminds me of Zsadist and a bit of John Matthew from The Black Dagger Brotherhood, and Keely reminds me of a combination of Nix and Regin from Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark series. It's probably a big part of why I like them so much. The fact that Keeley is so ancient was a great part of this story. She had some knowledge about things that made her a great asset, but also it's a nice change from a lot of stories where the hero is much older and has more experience of the world than the heroine. I loved their own romance, but also how it fits into the ongoing story and progresses the narrative.

This series turned out to be one of my all time favorites. It's giving me happy feels to think about my glom, even though 2020 was just an awful year. If I ever decide I just want to reread some of my favorite books from the series, I'll definitely be rereading this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When Schools Attack

  A Deadly Education by Naomi Novik My Rating: Five out of Five Stars. My Review on Goodreads Here I am, almost three years late writing thi...