Saturday, November 20, 2021

Rollercoaster Ride, With Zombies



Patient Zero (Joe Ledger #1) by Jonathan Maberry

My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

 Reread completed in October to November 2021 on Audiobook


I have been listening to these on audiobook, narrated by the excellent Ray Porter, and I decided to go back to and listen to the first book in the series, because I wanted to experience it audibly. I loved listening to it. Honestly, the audiobook upgrades this to a five star. I really love this series.

I love how over the top it is. I love the characterization. I love the action. I love the science mixed with the James Bond type villains. I especially love how highstakes the plots are, and how there's very little slowdown of the story. Yet, the writing still allows for character development and emotional resonance. I would love to see these as a tv series one day!

I could go on and on about things, but I'll keep it simple. I'm really glad I took the time to reread/listen to this one. I think I might go ahead and listen to Extinction Machine since it's been a minute. Jonathan Maberry really knows what this action reader craves, because when I pick up a Joe Ledger book, it keeps me on my toes and I know I'm in for a wild ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When Schools Attack

  A Deadly Education by Naomi Novik My Rating: Five out of Five Stars. My Review on Goodreads Here I am, almost three years late writing thi...