Thursday, September 30, 2021

Thoughts on Book Journaling

 

A page from my book journal made with sticker paper background, handmade paper, metallic watercolor, metallic marker, scrapbookpaper and stickers.


I am a lifelong bookworm. My art practice is inextricably intertwined with my art. After finishing my illustration degree, I am back to working full time in my career that was sidelined by illness.  I have not turned my back on my art, but instead, I am finding ways to integrate both into my present and future life.  I started an art/book journal in late 2020, and at that point it was just dabbling.  Casually working with scrapbooking supplies I have from my cardmaking and collage work.  

The past month, I have dived in hard and I am (in my typical obsessive way) building up/out my book journal.  I love it.  I love the freedom of working in that space.  I am thankful for the Illustrated Notebook class I took my last semester of school.  It very much opened my mind to the possiblities.  I also thank the You Tube journaling/art community for the videos that have instructed me and stimulated my imagination.  I plan to post some of my pages on my blog here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When Schools Attack

  A Deadly Education by Naomi Novik My Rating: Five out of Five Stars. My Review on Goodreads Here I am, almost three years late writing thi...