Monday, July 8, 2024

Restless Dead

 


Ghostlore Vol. 1 by Cullen Bunn, Various Artists

My Rating: Three out of Five Stars

My Review on Goodreads

Ghostlore is a dark story of a family that is separated by a rift between differing ideologies. The oldest child is Harmony, a teenager who rejects the faith that her father preaches in a dying congregation. But when a car accident leads to the loss of the rest of the family, they are the only ones left, both with the ability to see and talk to the dead, and vulnerable to evil undead forces.

This story is more vibes than actual plotting. The characters of Harmony and Lucas are well-developed and their actions make sense through the visual narrative. The artwork is vivid and nightmarish, but doesn’t clarify the story. I felt like things ended with my level of confusion very high. I didn’t like the feelings I had when I read this story. I enjoy horror and the feeling of being unsettled, but this was more of a yucky and unpleasant feeling. Along with the lack of resolution, even knowing this is an ongoing story, I don’t feel inspired to continue this series. I have questions, but I don’t want to hang in long enough to get answers.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Jacobsville

  Rancher's Law by Diana Palmer My Rating: Four and 1/2 out of Five stars. My Review on Goodreads This is a bind up of a novel Rancher’s...