Sunday, December 3, 2023


 Tales to Keep You Up at Night by Dan Poblocki

My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars.

My Review on Goodreads


Let me tell you, Dan Poblocki has written quite a creepy, unnerving, and at times genuinely scary book of stories. While targeted for middle-grade readers, it definitely has appeal to older readers. This is quite dark.

The first story was so so good. It set such an excellent tone for the collection. It's still my favorite. I didn't love all the stories, but they were all effective, and I appreciated how they all tied into the frame story. Despite them all tying in, there was a little of every kind of horror. I don't enjoy seeing kids in danger or being harmed, so that was a little tough to take in, but there's nothing too gory with this book. I think it's more about the concept and the implications of each story that makes it so unnerving. I wish I had taken notes on the story titles, but unfortunately I didn't. I will say overall that this collection is worth checking out. I have already gotten the next book, More Tales to Keep You Up at Night from my library to listen to soon.

I definitely recommend this book to fans of kids' horror, even as an adult.

Check out my profile on Goodreads!

No comments:

Post a Comment

When Schools Attack

  A Deadly Education by Naomi Novik My Rating: Five out of Five Stars. My Review on Goodreads Here I am, almost three years late writing thi...