Friday, November 26, 2021

Mad Scientists

 


The Dragon Factory (Joe Ledger #2) by Jonathan Maberry

My Review: 5 out of 5 stars.



I absolutely love this series. These books go hard from page 1 to the end. Joe Ledger is such an interesting character, in my opinion. He's got layers: the aggressive killer, the thinking detective, the loving man who cares about his friends, family and lover. He's not just a roided up tough guy who takes out the bad guys. I mean, Joe is not a guy you want to go up against. He's lethal. But that's not all he is.

It's not just Joe for me. I like the world of this book, I mean, not the evil people harming others, but the concept of Joe's team with the Department of Military Sciences. It's extremely larger than life. The villains are like James Bond level villains bent on world domination. There are some plot points that would just seem to over the top and silly that generally if you heard about it, you'd roll your eyes. But it totally works in the book.

There's plenty of bad guy point of view, and I think that is a good idea. Because of the fact that the villains are so over the top, it helps to get into their head and see them as characters. Having said that, I really despised what the villain stood for and they were so gross. I don't want to spoil anything, but I think I'm okay saying there are multiple villains. The other villains were super extra. Like I said, James Bond but with a Millennial twist.

Hard to believe things could get more dire since Patient Zero, but Maberry managed it. It was quite a ride. There is so much emotional trauma in this book, it's hard to read about, quite frankly. However, it's also unputdownable. That's the dilemma. I really love this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When Schools Attack

  A Deadly Education by Naomi Novik My Rating: Five out of Five Stars. My Review on Goodreads Here I am, almost three years late writing thi...