Sunday, October 10, 2021

Kate's Pack




Magic Strikes by Ilona Andrews (Kate Daniels #3)

My Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars

 My Review on Goodreads


Don't get me wrong, I adore Kate and I am becoming a Curran stan, but oh, Derek, Derek, you own me!

This series gets even better with each book. Yes, I am way behind in reading these. If you follow me, this is a typical occurrence. I can count on one hand how many series I am caught up on. The story of my life. But it's good because I have so much goodness to look forward to.

I never know what to expect in these books. The Andrews really know how to write. I love how each book starts, and you are like Kate. You literally have no idea where things are going to lead. I felt like that. I know whatever happens, Kate is going completely kick ass and take names. She's going to hate/lust flirt with Curran, and she's going to mess her enemies up and go ride or die with her loved ones.

I always have to preface my dislike for dystopians by saying I love Kate Daniels books. Normally I avoid most dystopians, but I love the wrecked by magic dynamic in these books. The idea of a post-apocalyptic Atlanta...whew. The mix of creatures is awesome as well.

But, it's the Derek for me. I could write a song called Derek and I'd sing his name a lot. I just love the guy. And this is a story for Derek lovers. He's in huge trouble and for most of the book, Kate and her cohorts have to keep it from Curran. And you can imagine how that goes. I honestly think that Curran would have tried to obliterate Kate if he didn't respect and lust and like her so much. I think that although Curran is the Beast Lord, it would not be as easy as you'd think to take out Kate.

This book has a gladiator angle that is quite interesting, and very brutal. I'm sure that if these were movies, I'd have to look away a lot. Having said that, I would love a Kate Daniels series on HBO Max or Netflix.

It's been a while since I read this, so I can't go into great detail. However, I loved this book. The audiobook is narrated by Renee Raudman and she is fantastic. She nails all the voice, pitches, cadence, etc. I highly recommend listening to this series on audiobook.

I hope I can get to the next book soon. I'm doing a lot of audiobooks from my library, so it's keeping me busy. But I hope to get into the next book before next year.

Check out my Goodreads Profile!



No comments:

Post a Comment

When Schools Attack

  A Deadly Education by Naomi Novik My Rating: Five out of Five Stars. My Review on Goodreads Here I am, almost three years late writing thi...